So, today I was planning to have this magical mish-mash of audio-visual moments that went right for me. Challenge #1 was “Count Your Blessings” which I chose to interpret as taking a moment to appreciate all the little things that worked for me over the course of a single day. Being my day off from work this was easier to do than one might suspect. Unfortunately I didn’t account for Quicktime not being nice to my MovieMaker. So until I can fix that and post a vidoe of my moments, I’ll simply throw up the post I began working on and hope you’ll be kind.
This is a list of things that went right for me today (you’ll notice I’m only doing the type-able stuff here).
- my coupons printed right away
- there was parking at the library near the door!
- my books I wanted were waiting for me on the hold shelf
- the store where I had to return a dvd player took it back with no arugments or fuss
- the sky was a fantastic shade of blue- that always counts as a good thing to me
- the puppies went willingly to their crate
- I found a new litter poop scoop for under a dollar
- I managed to get the 350+ photos on my SD card and the 250+ photos on my phone transferred onto my computer easy peasy
- I found a hand-carved wax candle I really want to buy
None of this really needs a ta-da, but put it all together and it makes for a pretty awesome day. Tomorrow I’ll get my video up, but in the meantime why don’t all of you take the time to list a few things that made your day better? It makes a difference in the way you feel about your day. Focus on those moments. It’s kind of a nice change. Tomorrow we can all go back to lamenting having to roll out of bed.